As the days get shorter and the temperature gets cooler, it’s time to think about transitioning your summer kissed skin to a Fall routine.
Here are 7 tips to keep your skin feeling nourished, healthy and hydrated.
- Use a thicker moisturizer. A heavy face cream made with ceramides that is also packed with moisture-boosting hyaluronic acid would be great to keep your skin feeling plump.
- Add body lotion to your routine. When summer humidity ends, the skin may start to feel dry and itchy, as there is much less moisture in the air to help hydrate. To help stop the itch, load up on hydration — from head to toe.
- Cut back on exfoliating. As the weather gets colder, it's best to cut back on robust ingredients, like retinoids and glycolic acid. And mask no more than once a week to help remove discoloration brought on by the summer sun.
- Invest in a room humidifier. Boost the hydration in your home by adding your own moisturizer to the mix with the help of a humidifier. Turn it on as soon as you put the heat on for best results.
- Use a Lip Moisturizer and Add Eye Creams . If these two things weren’t already a part of your skincare regimen, they should be during the cooler months. Just as you should switch to a thicker moisturizer, adding these products moisturizes your lips and the skin around your eyes.
- Continue Using Sunscreen. While UV radiation is greater during the summertime, it’s still around through all four seasons. Sunscreen should be used at all times because it generally helps decrease the incoming UV radiation. UV radiation accelerates and increases the risk of skin cancer.
- Add Vitamin C To Your Regimen. Vitamin C works double duty in the colder months and helps combat SPF rays that aren’t fully blocked by your sunscreen. It also evens skin
pigmentation, which helps to boost collagen production resulting in a brighter complexion.
For more skin care tips and advice, please visit www.nakotamedispa.com. We offer personalized skin care treatments in a private, luxurious, professional and certified home- based spa environment to meet your specific skin care goals. Contact us today for a free consultation!